The Historic Manheim Preservation Foundation logo to the
right depicts 18th century buildings as they appeared in the
small colonial town of Manheim, Pennsylvania.  Shown in the
faded background from left to right are the General Samuel
Peter Heintzelman home, the Samuel Ensminger home, and
the Richard & Sarah (daughter of Benjamin Franklin) Bache
home.  In the center is the 1772 clapboard Lutheran Church
and the Rose Stipulation as it appears on the original church
deed.  Land for this church was provided by Henry William
Stiegel for the rent of one red rose yearly which continues to
this day!  In the foreground from left to right are depicted
Henry William Stiegel's office and the Stiegel Mansion which
still stands today, though in altered condition.  To the far right
and left are examples of the types of glass manufactured by
the Stiegel Glass Factory from 1765 to 1773.  Click on the
image for a larger view.
The logo was created from an original painting by the
well-known local artist, Wayne Fettro, which is located in
Elizabeth's Garden at HMPF.
Click here to return Home